Thursday, April 29, 2010

Poetry I Write

A lot of the poetry I write is either based on personal experiences, emotions or how I feel about a particular topic or what a friend may be going through. Sometimes these poems have helped those, who I've written them about to overcome problems or put things into perspective to move past a difficult time.
I write from the heart and draw on my own feelings on the subject matter. Poetry doesn't have to rhyme it can be about the core feelings you are experiencing at the time, which is probably the easiest way to write. Poetry can be as descriptive as you want it to be, but the more you write the more the reader is drawn into the story of what your poem is about. Writing poetry is an expressive outlet to which I can let go of things worrying me, or get past or help someone else through experiences in their life.
It is refreshing and relaxing, and can draw out negativity and push it away.
I love writing poetry and have done so since I was 14 - 15 years old.
Never give up on your writing of poetry it may start off small but it will grow as you do.
Lea
xx

2 comments:

  1. I have found that the more you write from your heart the more impact it brings to your readers.

    ReplyDelete